Warriors release statement in wake of Trump comments

The Golden State Warriors have released a statement, stating that they will not be visiting the White House following Donald Trump’s comments about Stephen Curry on Saturday. Statement from the Golden State Warriors: pic.twitter.com/6kk6ofdu9X — Warriors PR (@WarriorsPR) September 23, 2017 The Warriors said that they will “constructively use our trip to the nation’s capital in February to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion” in lieu of a visit to the White House. More to come… …read more Source:: Sportsnet.ca

Continue Reading

Warriors accept President Trump’s withdrawing White House visit invitation

There appears to be one topic where the Golden State Warriors and President Donald Trump have found common ground. Neither party expressed interest in a White House visit to celebrate the Warriors’ 2017 NBA championship. The Warriors said in a statement on Saturday that “we accept that President Trump has made it clear that we are not invited” around 12:30 pm. PT, a few hours after Trump tweeted this morning that he would withdraw an invitation. Trump made those comments after Warriors star guard Stephen Curry said at the team’s media day on Friday that he maintained no interest in visiting the White House because of his disagreements over Trump’s… Read More

Continue Reading

UNC team skipping White House visit due to schedule conflict

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — North Carolina’s national championship men’s basketball team will not visit the White House because of a scheduling conflict. Team spokesman Steve Kirschner said Saturday that Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams and the players were willing to go, and the university and White House tried “eight or nine” dates but none worked. The Tar Heels, who beat Gonzaga in April to win their latest national title, visited the White House after their 2009 championship. The team was not invited when they won the 2005 NCAA Tournament. Related ArticlesSeptember 23, 2017 Trump tells NBA star Curry that White House visit is off On Saturday, President Donald Trump… Read More

Continue Reading

North Korea: Trump’s insults make the possibility of an attack on the US ‘inevitable all the more’

North Korea’s foreign minister responded forcefully on Saturday to President Donald Trump’s fiery comments before the United Nations General Assembly earlier this week. Ri Yong Ho, North Korea’s foreign minister, said on Saturday that Trump’s insults made “our rocket’s visit to the entire US mainland inevitable all the more,” according to The Associated Press. He retaliated against Trump’s personal attack on the North Korean leader by calling the president “a mentally deranged person full of megalomania” who is holding “the nuclear button.” Trump said at the UN that if North Korea didn’t back down from its nuclear aggression, the US would “have no choice but to totally destroy North Korea.”… Read More

Continue Reading

Yankees scare: Luis Severino knocked down by batting practice line drive

Yankees ace was struck before Saturday’s game against the Toronto Blue Jays. TORONTO — Before playing a win-and-they’re-in game Saturday afternoon, the Yankees got a scare when their probable American League Wild Card game starting pitcher was knocked to the ground by a line drive during Toronto Blue Jays batting practice. As the Jays were wrapping up their BP session, Yankees All-Star right-hander Luis Severino was in shallow right field talking to teammates when a Blue Jays hitter smoked him with a liner. How Yankees prospects from A to Z finished season Early arriving fans let out a loud “Ohhhhhh” when Severino was hit and fell to the ground. Severino… Read More

Continue Reading