Scott Baio has scheduled a press conference for 2 p.m. Wednesday where he will likely hit back at a second “Charles in Charge” co-star who accused him earlier Wednesday of a range of sexually inappropriate and harassing and bullying behavior on the set of the 1980s sitcom.
Nicole Eggert in 2014. (Photo by Amanda Edwards/Getty Images for Discovery Communications) 33280_1760.JPG
On Wednesday morning, Alexander Polinsky, joined by former co-star Nicole Eggert, Baio’s original accuser, and their attorney Lisa Bloom, elaborated on claims he had already made that Baio subjected him to “mental abuse” and homophobic slurs.
“I was sexually harassed by Scott Baio and ultimately assaulted by him between the ages of 12 and 15 years old,” Polinsky said during a press conference, according to E! News. “Getting the job on ‘Charles in Charge’ when I was 11 was one of the most wonderful things that had ever happened to me. It represented everything good about my life and my future. My excitement did not last long.”
Polinsky alleged he was subject to “unrelenting” abuse by Baio because he had witnessed Baio behave inappropriately with Eggert. He said Baio repeatedly told him about gay sex acts, boasted of his sexual conquests with young girls and female co-stars and tried to humiliate him by pulling down his pants in front of more than 100 people and cutting a hole in the canvas wall of his dressing room to expose his genitals.
“One of the most painful memories of my childhood was when Scott and I were backstage waiting to enter the set for a scene,” Polinksy told reporters. “I faked a basketball to him. He got startled and in anger, he assaulted me by throwing a burning hot cup of tea in my face.”
Polinksy and Eggert played a brother and sister on the show, …read more
Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment