If there was any doubt that Robert DeNiro doesn’t think much of Donald Trump, he made his distaste very clear Sunday night at the Tony Awards when he hurled a couple of f-bombs the president’s way on national television.

The venerable “Raging Bull” actor earned a standing ovation from New York City’s theater elite, as well as set social media afire by saying “It’s no longer ‘Down with Trump,’ it’s ‘(expletive) Trump.” DeNiro was introducing a performance by Bruce Springsteen at Radio City Music Hall; his comments were not censored on the Australian telecast.

Here’s video of DeNiro swearing at Trump on #TonyAwards
Australian feed didnt censor it. pic.twitter.com/KZNrT8UIyH

— Rhett Bartlett (@dialmformovies) June 11, 2018

But as much as DeNiro has let the world know he thinks Trump is an “idiot” who “lacks any sense of humanity or compassion” or has said as recently as April that he regards Trump as a “lowlife-in-chief,” the actor may hesitate before barring him from his 39 Nobu restaurants.

The question came up last month when DeNiro indicated he would bar Trump from one of his elite Japanese restaurants when he attended the Nobu Hotel Marbella launch in May, according to the Daily Mail. DeNiro said of Trump, “I don’t care what he likes. If he walked into a restaurant I was in, I’d walk out.”

DeNiro then reportedly insisted that Trump would actually be stopped from entering one of the properties in his Nobu restaurant and hotel empire (which includes a Palo Alto location), according to the Daily Mail.

DeNiro’s Nobu partner, Japanese chef Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa, offered a more generous take, saying it was his “dream” to serve a sushi dinner to Trump and DeNiro.

The Hollywood Reporter said Matsuhisa’s idea could be more on the mark, with DeNiro’s representative clarifying …read more

Source:: The Mercury News – Lifestyle

      

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *