Reporter Cayla Spiess goes underneath the Grandstand for a look at the Young Canadians, who are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year.
Source:: Calgary Herald
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
- Grandest of spectacles to celebrate the Calgary… The 2018 edition of the Stampede Grandstand Show is a 50th anniversary birthday bash celebrating the birth of The Young Canadians as the centrepiece of this annual outdoor extravaganza. It's the best of all possible birthday bashes because it showcases The Young Canadians in the most positive of possible lights. They are the stars of this show. Creative producer Dave Pierce and director/choreographer Brian Foley have created several amazing production numbers showing just how talented and tireless these young singers and dancers really are. For the opening number, costume designer Victoria Krawchuk and head of wardrobe Tara Gerritsen have raided…
- Roving reporter: Darcy Oake brings his best to… The Calgary Stampede's Grandstand Show is an extravaganza of the highest magnitude every year, as illusionist Darcy Oake has discovered. “It's quite the spectacle,” said Oake. He is performing in this year's show and is determined to bring his best each night. “You can feel the energy every time you step out on stage.” ...read more Source:: Calgary Herald
- Roving reporter: Calgary Stampede continuing to… The Calgary Stampede does a lot of things, even not during the 10-day event – and that includes sponsoring Olympic athletes. The Stampede welcomed Canadian skeleton and bobsleigh athletes, and roving reporter Cayla Spiess took the time to find out if there are any similarities between their sports and the rodeo. Justin Kripps, who won a gold medal for Team Canada in the two-man bobsleigh event at the 2018 Winter Olympics, noted their pre-run routines seemed pretty similar in what he described as “both a little bit crazy sports.” ...read more Source:: Calgary Herald
- ROVING REPORTER: Lots of family fun to be found at Stampede The Calgary Stampede is a great place for family fun, as roving reporter Cayla Spiess found out when asking people of all ages what they loved most about attending. From the midway to the rodeo to the deep-fried Oreos and animals, what gets you down to the grounds? ...read more Source:: Calgary Herald
- ROVING REPORTER: What is it you love most about the… What is it you love most about going to the Calgary Stampede? Is it the food, the rodeo, the fun atmosphere, or something else entirely? Roving reporter Cayla Spiess asked around the grounds to find out what some patrons love most about attending the 10-day festival. ...read more Source:: Calgary Herald