Ivanka’s schedule has not been made public, so each week, we will do our best to cover the public events and forums she attends, the meetings she has with lawmakers and government officials, and her social media presence.
Friday, August 3
• Ivanka retweets Kim Kardashian West’s praise of her father; he said he is open to a compromise proposal on prison and sentencing reform that would reduce mandatory-minimum sentences for nonviolent drug offenders.
This is such an important step in really fixing the structural issues! @realDonaldTrump https://t.co/AW7gBCr1z6
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) August 3, 2018
• The first daughter and White House senior adviser tweets support for Sen. Marco Rubio’s paid family leave plan.
Monday, August 6
• Ivanka sends several tweets in support of the the Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, which the president signed last week.
Tuesday, August 7
• To honor Indra Nooyi, the PepsiCo CEO who recently stepped down, Ivanka posts that she is deeply grateful for her friendship.
The great @IndraNooyi is stepping down as PepsiCo CEO, after 12 yrs.
Indra, you are a mentor + inspiration to so many, myself included. I am deeply grateful for your friendship. Thank you for your passionate engagement on issues that benefit the people of this country, and beyond
— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) August 7, 2018
Wednesday, August 8
• Ivanka visited the high-tech welding program at Lewis and Clark Community College in Illinois, and participated in a roundtable discussion. “Employers nationwide are struggling to find welders to fill available positions. In 2016, there were 404,800 welding jobs and the industry is growing quickly,” she tweeted. As she always does when …read more