• Actress and Goop founder Gwyneth Paltrow spoke with Net-a-Porter about her diet and exercise routine.
• She said she exercised for two hours a day and usually skips breakfast and eats a low-carb lunch.
• I decided to tackle her habits for a week.
I tried to live like Gwyneth Paltrow for a week, and it didn’t quite work out the way I’d planned.
Paltrow famously leads an intense life. In terms of exercise, she used to do an hour of cardio and an hour of weights six days of the week. Her lifestyle brand Goop also hawks all sorts of hardcore detoxes and cleanses.
But all that doesn’t really reflect Paltrow’s current reality. She recently told Net-a-Porter that she doesn’t have the time or energy to tackle that grueling schedule anymore: “I’m getting old, my back hurts! It’s depressing. Some days, the gym gives me this rush of energy and I feel amazing, but then my body’s like ‘f— you.'”
She also doesn’t stick to any Goop cleanses for a long amount of time. She told Net-a-Porter she passes on breakfast and eats a low-carb lunch “so my energy levels don’t peak and valley through the day.” Then, for dinner, she typically decides to “loosen the reins.”
I decided to follow her diet as best I could, as well as take up her previous exercise routine. Here are the rules I was determined to follow for a week:
• Skip breakfast.
• Have a low-carb lunch.
• Put in an hour of cardio exercise.
• Go for an hour of weights-based exercise.
• Eat a dinner along the lines of her typical evening meal: “A glass of wine, maybe a baguette dripping in cheese, some fries.”
I didn’t prepare at all for this. I just jumped into it, …read more
Source:: Business Insider