Judge Rules Harvard Did Not Discriminate Against Asian Americans

Watch Video On Tuesday, a federal judge ruled Harvard University’s admissions did not discriminate against Asian American applicants. In 2014, Students for Fair Admissions, a nonprofit representing several Asian American students who were rejected by Harvard, filed an affirmative action suit alleging the school intentionally discriminated against Asian American applicants. The suit argued Asian Americans were held to a higher standard than other applicants even when they had better grades and test scores. Judge Allison Burroughs said that simply isn’t the case. In her 130-page opinion, Burroughs said, “although race may act as a tip or plus factor when making admissions decisions, it is only ever one factor among many… Read More

Continue Reading

GM Reportedly Closing Mexican Truck Plant Due To Workers’ Strike

Watch Video General Motors is reportedly closing pickup truck and transmission factories in Mexico because of a parts shortage, which the company is blaming on an ongoing workers’ strike in the U.S. That’s according to The Associated Press. On Tuesday, the company temporarily laid off 6,000 workers at its plant in Silao, Mexico. The plant produces Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups. The strike, which includes more than 45,000 United Auto Workers union members, started on Sept. 16 after the union and GM failed to reach a deal. The two are trying to hash out their differences when it comes to pay, health care benefits, profit sharing and more. This… Read More

Continue Reading

Judge Says Lawsuit Over Bears Ears National Monument Can Continue

Watch Video Environmental groups have challenged the Trump administration’s effort to reduce the size of Utah’s Bears Ears National Monument. On Monday, a federal judge dismissed the administration’s argument that the lawsuit should be thrown out. The Navajo Nation and four other Native American tribes are also defending the national monument. In 2017, the Trump administration moved to reduce the 1.9 million-acre Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by about half. It also reduced the size of Bears Ears by nearly 85%. In July, the administration proposed to use the remaining 15% of land for roads and utility lines. But an official at Earthjustice, a nonprofit environmental law organization, says those moves… Read More

Continue Reading